The molecular size of encapsulating or stabilizing oils used for dust control or road stabilization is of vital importance. Petroleum or vegetable base oils have irregular, non-uniform structures allowing for higher void spaces. These void spaces reduce compacting abilities and cohesion effectiveness between soil particles resulting in inefficient dust control, requiring frequent reapplication.
Synthetic oils, the game changer!
Almost everyone out there has heard of synthetic oils used in cars and most high performance vehicles require this type of oil due to its lubricating, high heat tolerant and low friction properties. Ever wonder why it is better?
Yep, you guessed it: It’s all about the size. Synthetic oils whether used in an automobile or in dust control have regular, uniformed structures, which reduce the void spaces between molecules. This means more of the good stuff where it needs to be, reducing the void space allowing more efficient lubrication with automobiles, or as in our case, tighter cohesion of the soil particles allowing for greater compaction and less maintenance.
EnviroKleen, the synthetic organic fluid manufactured by Midwest Industries is much more than an off-the-shelf standard synthetic fluid.
- EPA-verified safe for people and the environment
- EPA-verified effective for reducing PM10 and PM2.5
- Colorless and odorless
- Certified non-corrosive by Boeing
- Creates pavement-like strength; enhanced by traffic
- Can be reworked without reapplication
- Does not evaporate or leach out of the surface
- Performs well at extreme temperatures
- Can be stored at temperatures down to -50° F
- Readily biodegradable in natural environments
- Works with all types of soils and aggregates
- Meets Quebec MOE scoring requirements for dust control agent under BNQ 2410-300/2009 environmental testing via third party lab
EnviroKleen is formulated with a polymeric binder and is a superior choice for industrial, construction, and municipal applications. It quickly penetrates dust and remains actively effective on clay, sand, gravel, limestone, and most native soils regardless of the weather or how severe the traffic.
Shoot us an email if you want more information about EnviroKleen or any other products, we’d gladly answer it.